Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mishu has a home!

Ivy Girl (the cat formerly known as Mishu) enjoys looking at all sorts of Web sites.
No, sweet Mishu didn't actually go anywhere. After talking with the shelter manager and a wonderful lady at Best Friends Animal Society, I decided to make it official and adopt her myself. And she has a new name! I always rename my cats when I adopt them so she is now Ivy - or Ivy Girl, as I usually call her.

If you've read the Meet Mishu post, you know that we knew from day one that she has Cerebellar Abiotrophy, which affects her motor control. We have since discovered that she is almost completely deaf. She has become comfortable and happy in my home, and I just don't have the heart to make her go anywhere else. It will also be extremely hard to find her a good home because of her special needs.

Well, I don't think I could give her up anyway. Watching her evolve from hiding in the corner to taking over the couch and discovering where I hide the catnip has been pure joy. She recently discovered my laptop, which usually sits on the dining table, and she loves coming over and watching the mouse pointer move around the screen. She has updated my Twitter and Facebook statuses by walking on the keyboard and last night she managed to do a Google search and bring up the web site for the Lower Kuskokwim School District. (Don't ask. I have no idea why. Maybe she wants to visit Alaska?)

Feeling the vibrations and reading up on the Lower Kuskokwim School District.
Ivy Girl loves to sit right behind my laptop and rest her head against the back of it - that is, when she isn't sitting right on the keyboard. And last night I think I found out why. I made the connection that she only does this while I am playing loud music on my computer media player. She is leaning her head against the computer to feel the vibrations! It is probably the only time she can really "hear" anything. She appears to be partial to Linkin Park and Lady Gaga and she loses interest when I play softer music like Sarah McLachlan or Dido.

In other news, Mouse is officially on the rosters as up for adoption. And Diedra is doing much better in her isolation in the office. I went in this morning and she was lounging in the windowsill enjoying the sunshine. We had some good snuggle time before I left for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment