Monday, May 9, 2011

Meet Sandi

Sandi has the cutest black splotch on her nose.
I ran into Aggie from the Ivins Animal Shelter on Saturday. I mentioned that I now have room in my house for a couple of foster cats and she mentioned a calico who was having problems in the shelter. Aggie said she was a nice cat, she just seemed confused and scared by all the other cats and all the people coming in and out.

So, I went by the shelter this morning and picked up Sandi. Aggie doesn't know how old she is, but she is at least 3 years old. She has the softest fur - almost as soft as Diedra's - and her markings are stunning. And she definitely loves people. She has shown no fear of me at all, and was rubbing against me and purring as soon as we got to the house.

Sandi did some investigating, but I think all that water scared her.
She is a bit jumpy and scared right now, but she did do a little exploring. I will, of course, watch her over the next few days and see how she acclimates to the house and the other cats. So far, what I know is that she is a gentle little thing and she will make someone a wonderful pet.


Sandi is adoptable through the Ivins Animal Shelter. This shelter is no-kill and is always looking for new homes and foster homes for its residents. You can see more adoptable pets on the shelter's Petfinder page.

2 comments:

  1. Sandi is beautiful! Look at what a sweetheart. That video shows all her love! I hope she finds the best home!

    *smooches*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i think Sandi is for me :) she looks so cute..!!!

    ReplyDelete