Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tyrone is leaving!!

I will miss this cute pink nose.
If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter you have already heard the sad news: Tyrone is leaving. After this Saturday I will never again wake up to that cute pink nose in my face or have to correct an article after he leaves his own "comments" by walking across the computer.

Tyrone is packed and ready to go!
Actually, it's more than Tyrone who is leaving. The fact is that my sister Kristin, who has lived with me for almost 4 years now, has found a new job in northern Utah. So she is packing up herself and the kids and moving out. And since Tyrone is technically Kent's cat, he is going too.  :'-(

Bobby critiques Tyrone's box inspection technique.
I am also moving by the end of this month, but I'm not going far. I will still be in Southern Utah, I'll just be a bit closer to town. I found a nice place downtown - OK, it's as downtown as St. George gets - that will allow me to have cats. So as soon as I finish helping Kristin, Kent, Kassie and Tyrone pack up their worldly belongings, I will start packing up myself, Ashi, Diedra and Bobby.

Bobby demonstrates his "From Inside The Box" cardboard deconstruction method.
So things are a bit stressful in the house right now. At least for the humans. For the cats it's a wonderland of boxes! Bobby is a true box connoisseur and has to inspect each and every one that is opened for quality and durability. Unfortunately he is also an artist who specializes in cardboard deconstruction, so we have to keep an eye on him. Several of the boxes already sport his trademark chewing on the edges and flaps. It's quite reminiscent of the Simon's Cat film "The Box."

I promise more photos of Tyrone leading up to his departure. And Kristin has promised to keep me supplied with pics after he leaves. I will, of course, share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment